Burn Injury Survivor Workshop
* continue to heal * learn valuable skills * support others *
- Expand the comprehensive support and aftercare of our patients and families.
- Increase knowledge on key topical areas identified by patients/families.
- Provide a venue for past patients and their families to connect with other patients and families
- Saturday, May 31, 2014
- Time: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest, 1275 S. Huron Street, Ypsilanti
- Admission: free for burn survivors and their families
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Childcare: Will not be offered, and children under the age of 12 will not be permitted, so please plan accordingly
- Dress Attire: Casual. To ensure your comfort in the conference room, please bring sweater or jacket to accommodate temperature variations.
- Seating is limited, so you must register in advance. Register now
- Registration deadline May 16, 2014
- This session is open to burn survivors and their families only (not limited to UMHS patients)
- Burn care professionals will be permitted to attend as space allows. However, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will not be provided. Please contact Kate Reed for more information and to register. Phone: (734) 232-3814 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m||Registration and Lunch|
|12:00 p.m. – 12:05 p.m||Welcome|
|12:05 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.||Advances in Burn Care Research and Technology||
Stewart Wang, MD
UMHS Burn Director
|12:50 p.m. – 1:00 p.m||Break and Networking|
|1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.||Beyond Surviving: Tools for Thriving||Amy Acton
Barbara Kammerer Quayle
|1:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.||Break and Networking|
|2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.||Healing the Mind and Spirit After Injury||Nancy Merbitz, PhD
UMHS Clinical Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
|2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Break and Networking|
|3:00 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.||Hands-on Break-out Sessions:
|Barbara Kammerer Quayle
Tanya Berenz, OT
|3:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Wrap-Up and Evaluations|
Or register by Downloading here and mailing back with a check payable to the University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center.
If it is financially prohibitive for you to travel to this free workshop, there may be a limited number of travel scholarships available. Please contact Kate Reed for more information: 734-232-3814.
University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center
Burn Injury Awareness Weekend
Primary Event Contact: Kate Reed